What is your favourite Irish staycation memory of 2020?
This form is now expired. Thank you to all those who have submitted files.
Closing Date: Sunday November 01 2020
What type of memories are we looking for?
Well... what have you got? It could be a day out, an unforgettable meal, a brisk walk or a simple ice-cream. It could be a special place, a person who made your day, a great hotel or self-catering stay. It could have happened in spring, summer or autumn. The most important thing is what felt special to you.
Tell us what made it so special in less than 200 words and share a photo, and you could be in with a chance to win one of eight great home holidays to take when we can travel freely once again!
Your entry may be published in the Irish Independent's Weekend Magazine, online on Independent.ie and on the Independent Travel social media platforms.
To enter, simply complete the form below.
Here are the amazing prizes up for grabs!
A two-night spa break, with B&B, one gourmet evening meal and a 60-minute spa treatment for two at Monart, Co Wexford. monart.ie
A romantic, two-night break for two adults with dinner on one evening at the Lodge at Ashford Castle. thelodgeac.com
A two-night stay with breakfast on both mornings and dinner on one evening at this elegant five-star resort in Co Kildare. kclub.ie
A two-night break for two people at five-star Fota Island Resort, Co Cork, with breakfast each day and dinner on one evening. fotaisland.ie
A deluxe night away with breakfast, a private bathing experience and access to the thermal village. galgorm.com
A two-night stay with dinner on one evening in the Grill Room at the RIVER LEE HOTEL in Cork. doylecollection.com
Enjoy two nights at the five-star Cliff House Hotel in Co Waterford, with a Michelin star dinner on one evening. cliffhousehotel.ie
An overnight stay for two with dinner in Ballymaloe House, in beautiful East Cork. irelands-blue-book.ie; ballymaloe.ie
Terms & Conditions
By entering this competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed in accordance with our Privacy Statement.
Prize Specific Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is the Reader Travel Awards Staycation Series competition.
2. There are eight prizes available. These are the provided by the “Prize Providers”.
3. The competition opens on 24th October 2020 and closes on 1st November 2020 at midnight.
4. You can enter by completing this form.
5. Each winner will be contacted by INM within 20 days of the closing date. Your details may need to be shared with the individual company who will contact you to arrange your prize.
6. Winner’s details will be passed to the relevant Prize Provider who will make direct contact. INM & the Prize Providers are Data Controllers in their own right for the chosen winners.
7. For full terms and conditions, see below.
Prize 1: Monart Spa - A two-night spa break, with deluxe accommodation, breakfast and one gourmet evening meal for two adults. Also enjoy unrestricted use of the Thermal Spa facilities. Also includes 1 x 60 minute treatment for each guest. Prize specific T&Cs apply:Treatment subject to availability.
Prize 2: The Lodge at Ashford Castle - A romantic two-night break for two adults with dinner at the hotel’s fabulous Quay Bar & Brasserie.
Prize 3: K Club - A two-night stay with breakfast on both mornings and dinner on one night of your choice in the Barton restaurant. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Prize is 1 X 2BB1D for 2 x adults, subject to availability, not valid Bank Holidays, Easter, Christmas & New Years.
Prize 4: Fota Island Resort - A two-night break for two at Fota Island Resort, Cork with breakfast each morning and dinner one evening in Fota Restaurant. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Prize is 2BB1D for 2 adults, subject to availability, non-transferable and not valid for Christmas, New Year’s Eve or bank holiday weekends.
Prize 5: Cliff House Hotel - A two-night getaway staying in one of the beautiful guest rooms with stunning views of Ardmore Bay. The prize includes dinner on one evening in The House Restaurant, the hotel's one Michelin starred restaurant focusing on the best of Irish seafood. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Subject to availability, non-transferable, not valid on Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Years or bank holiday weekends.
Prize 6: Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort - A one night stay in a deluxe guestroom with breakfast plus, enjoy a private bathing experience and access to the Thermal Village. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Voucher valid Sunday – Friday, excluding public holidays. Subject to availability and valid until October 2021.
Prize 7: RIVER LEE Hotel - A two-night stay with breakfast each morning and dinner on one evening in the handsome surroundings of The Grill Room. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Subject to availability, non-transferable, not valid on Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Years or bank holiday weekends.
Prize 8: Ireland's Blue Book - a luxury overnight stay in Ballymaloe House in Cork, with dinner, bed and breakfast for two people sharing. Prize specific T&Cs apply: Subject to availability No cash in lieu of voucher.
General Terms and Conditions
1. Promoter & Data Controller: Independent News and Media Public Limited Company, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 (“INM”). INM Events will provide the prize to the winner.
2. By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions. The entry form will be part of the overall terms and conditions. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will invalidate an entry. Where a competition involves a voting process: offering or receiving any incentive for voting is not permitted and will invalidate the vote, and may disqualify the recipient of the vote. INM reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. INM reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions. Any amendments will be published on the website.
3. Promotion is open anybody over 18 years of age. INM reserves the right to request written proof of age from the winner.
4. Each entrant can enter an email address once only.
5. Use of a false email, name or address by an entrant will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
6. If you subscribe to an email newsletter, please note you can unsubscribe at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email newsletter.
7. The competition winning entries will be selected in a draw by an independent judge. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into. Winner (s) will be contacted by email, telephone or post.
8. In the case of conflict between these rules and such specific directions/terms and conditions, these rules shall prevail. By participating in this competition, you are deemed to accept these rules and the specific directions/terms and conditions applicable to the individual prizes, as specified above.
9. Failure to claim a prize within 7 days will make any claim invalid. Prizes not claimed within the specified time limit will be deemed to have been forfeited and may be disposed of by INM without any liability to the winner.
10. No responsibility is accepted for entries damaged, lost or mislaid and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of delivery. No entries will be accepted by agents, in bulk or from third parties.
11. Winners will be notified within 20 days of the relevant closing date by email, phone or post. Names of winners of major promotions are available by sending an SAE to Independent News & Media, 27-32 Talbot St, Dublin 1 up to one month after the closing date.
12. INM will endeavour to deliver prizes within 14 days of winning. Where this is not possible the winner will be notified of the delay.
13. Any additional costs and expenses incurred by the prize winner are to be the responsibility of the prize winner.
14. Unless otherwise stated, all taxes, insurances, fees and surcharges are to be the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
15. The determination and decision of INM on all matters shall be final and no competition correspondence will be entered into. INM reserve the right in their reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) in the magazine, this website, and/or other printed materials, or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond INM’s reasonable control.
16. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be re-sold If a prize is unavailable due to circumstances out of INM’s control, INM will take all reasonable steps to substitute the prize with a suitable alternative. No cash alternative will be awarded in lieu of stated prize(s).
17. INM accepts no responsibility for the supply, non-supply, purported non-supply or delay in supply of prizes to be provided by a third party including, without limitation, failure of the prize winner to receive ownership of the prize. Prize winners are responsible for booking and/or completing other formalities directly with the specified third party.
18. The promotion may also be declared void should a printing or production error in connection with the competition appear in the magazine or on this website.
19. Entrants acknowledge and accept that publicity may be given to competition winners and winners’ names and images may be published in the Irish Independent, on Independent.ie website, social media channels and other website(s) relating to the promotion. Winners must co-operate fully for publicity purposes if so required.
20. All entrants agree not to engage in any interviews or make any statements in connection with or arising from the competition without the written consent of INM.
21. INM reserves the right to publish entries (including parts of entries) other than the winning entry and publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize.
22. All competition entrants can opt-in to marketing materials or newsletters by ticking the appropriate box(es) on the entry form.
23. INM will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of INM or its employees, INM will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
24. INM reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.