Terms & Conditions
These Competition Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Competition (the “competition”) organised by Bank of Ireland, New Century House, 4th Floor, Lower Mayor Street, Dublin 1.
1. Entrants must be an active SME business at the time of entry to the competition. An SME can be defined as any entity engaged in an economic activity, irrespective of legal form (i.e. corporation, partnership, sole-trader, etc.), which employs fewer than 250 persons and whose annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or whose annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million. This is the standard EU definition of an SME, and is consistent with that applied in the Code of Conduct on SME Lending and by the Credit Review Office.
2. The closing date for the receipt of entries is the 20th November 2013.
3. Bank of Ireland, Marketing team, New Century House, 4thFloor, Lower Mayor Street, Dublin 1 reserves the right to substitute the prize with one of equal or greater value.
4. All entries must be completed on official entry forms on www.bankofireland.com/rugby or www.independent.ie/sponsorforaday. Entries which are altered and/or not completed and submitted online will be disqualified. Single entries only.
5. All entry conditions and instructions are deemed to form part of these Rules.
6. All entries will automatically become the property of Bank of Ireland and Independent News and Media Group (INM).
7. Employees of the Bank of Ireland Group or the INM group, its associated companies, advertising and marketing consultants, agents and anyone connected with the competition and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
8. All entrants agree to the use of their names, companies, and addresses and/or videos, photographs for publicity purposes. Entrants also agree that their names, photographs and addresses may be disclosed by Bank of Ireland and INM to its agents forthe purpose of administering the competition and/or distributing the prizes.
9. A judging panel for the competition will be used to select a shortlist for the Munster Sponsor a Day and the Leinster Sponsor a Day entrants will include at least one person who is not an employee of the Bank of Ireland Group. No Bank of Ireland customer, whether or not he/she is eligible to win a prize, may attend the adjudication process. The names of those comprising the judging panel will be made available to competition entrants on request.
10. All correctly answered entries will be placed together for a review by the judging panel who will then on the basis of the tie-breaker slogan select the best tie –breaker slogans which will be put forward to the public online vote.
11. The decision of the judging panel to create a shortlist of the top entrants in the Leinster Sponsor a Day and Munster Sponsor a Day will be final and binding on all entrants. Correspondence will be entered into only at the absolute discretion of Bank of Ireland.
12. The winner (s) for Leinster Sponsor for a Day and Munster Sponsor for a day will be judged on a public vote online and the winner (s) shall be those who receive the highest number of votes. Bank of Ireland and INM shall count the votes and its decision asto who received the highest number of votes is binding on all entrants. Voting will take place on www.independent.ie/sponsorforaday
13. Closing date for public voting is 13thDecember 2013.
14. The winners of the competition will be notified by email and phone within 5 working days of the public closing date.
15. Bank of Ireland accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation to any matter arising out of the competition or the enjoyment of the prizes. The owner/management team of the business must validate the right to enter the competition.
16. The business must be a trading company and be able to produce tax returns.
17. Current sponsors of Leinster Rugby or Munster Rugby are excluded from entering the competition.
18. The supplier of the prize is Bank of Ireland. Independent News and Media is the promoter of the competition but will not be responsible for the supplyof the prize. Independent News and Media will not accept liability for thesupply of the prize or in the event of a dispute between the winner and Bank of Ireland.